Monday, March 02, 2009

Winters last hurrah...



Whoot! 

I never believe the predictions of snow here in Baltimore- more often than not you just end up massively disappointed. HOWEVER, once in while... they get it right. Today, they were right... we got a noreaster through here overnight (which for baltimore is only about 4 inches) but as previously established, it only takes about an inch to shut down the city. 

So- silly me- I drove my sorry self in to work... not knowing if it had been cancelled or not (we apparently don't have a good system for sharing this sort of information at my work place) only to find, that in fact no one was there, nor were they going to be. SO I made it in safely, and sure, could have gotten all sorts of work done in the quiet office- but no... I turned around and drove my sorry (but gleeful) self back home. Hows that for a work ethic for you?? :) (I do feel a little twinge of guilt...) Ah well. I think surprise snow days are a brilliant thing...(perhaps even moreso if you were to find out before you got up and drove in to work... but whatever...) everyone needs 'em once in a while. And hopefully this is one last hurrah before we are on to spring!! I have to tell you, I'd still take sunshine and green grass any day over snow.

Happy snow day to you! 

3 comments:

Katie said...

oh how lovely...I am sad not to be in the greatest city in america for such a magnificent snowstorm...I love when the whole city shuts down...and sledding and snowmen can abound:)

...anna said...

Rachel-
Baltimore in the snow looks magnificent! What a wonderful day to have a snow day. I hope you are enjoying it :) Kate told me yesterday that you have a new roomate... I soo hope its going well! I opened a book this morning and found the mandala (sp?) you, kate, and i made over advent. It made me smile and think of you. Hsve a lovely day!

~Rachel~ said...

Hey there Maunz sisters...

It was a spectacular day... on the news they said the last comparable snowfall was in 2006! Know you are all crazily missed in these here parts... as I sit eating dinner (which is coconut rice and red beans with a luscious kale salad mind you) with my computer... oh yes yes, and Junebug of course. Anyhow- anna- its been so lovely following you on your travels, I SO want to get out and do the same! It looked like SUCH good fun.

Katie- went on a long cold walk this afternoon. Missed you. Too cold for snow angles.