Monday, March 09, 2009

Moonbows

Ok, this is not the previously mentioned fun-game-post-that-is-to-come (that is for Thursday) however, since we're on the subject of moonbows... it just so happens that there is a moonbow out there right now, I thought to try and take a picture to post. Even harder than capturing moons with little plum point and shoot cameras, is capturing moons that have moonbows around them with little plum point and shoot cameras. So best out of twenty, this is what you get: some etherial, cosmic blob burning through the darkness. Perhaps this is what it looks like to die and "see the light"? Well, but anyhow, you can tell its not just a moon, right? Its not the biggest moonbow I've ever seen, but its there. (The biggest one I ever saw was in 9th grade- on a CFS trip to Nyeri in the central province of Kenya. That one was so amazing it is still firmly imprinted in my memory. Remember Kara? You saw it too, and you were way up in Northern Kenya that night...) 

2 comments:

Katie said...

oh, I think that is a most exquisite moonbow!

Unknown said...

I just got it...what a moonbow is, that is.