Thursday, March 19, 2009

Outside of the Box...


Ok, so I don't USUALLY find far sides all that funny... but... well... in my intermediate wheel class earlier tonight Jim (the instructor), was demonstrating wadding- which is basically creating temporary little feet for your pots that so that they won't stick the shelves when fired in the wood kiln. So he's standing at the glazing table in front of the class, rolling out a coil to wad his lidded jar with- and kind of like how musicians will talk in between songs during a show- was saying how rolling out coils always reminds him of this far side. Well... struck my funny bone like... well, something serious. Haven't belly laughed like THAT in a while... I came home and looked it up: I think it is so flipping funny...! It will probably keep me chuckling to myself for a good while. Anyone else in need of a good chuckle? And hip hip hooray- tomorrow is FRIDAY! And the first official day of spring! I think I just want to weep for the pure joy of it... WE MADE IT! 

(I'm supposed to be blogging on "Outside of the Box" but, well... maybe this will just have to do... Mr. Larson is a fairly outside-of-the-box-kind-of-guy, hey?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Spring! It's an appropriately clear day.

Josh said...

That rules. Cracked me up. - jpk