Friday, June 29, 2012

DC- USP reunion

My second stop was DC. I met up with USP staff/friends in DC to help organize and pull off the first ever all-USP reunion. 

We discovered a Bourbon Cafe in DC-- all the way from Rwanda! We couldn't not get coffee from there for our breakfasts.

The working bit: everyone in position to start checking people in:

The Gordon contingent at the reunion:

We did side-walk chalk mandalas:

Guerrilla art! And we didn't get caught... so fun.

As many as we could gather at one time for a group photo:

The reunion was a success by my estimation. It was fun to hang out with coworkers and former coworkers, meet people I've heard an awful lot about from years past, connect with alumni that I knew and alumni from before my time. Everyone seemed to enjoy the connections and reconnections. 

Also especially fabulous was spending time with Meg and Molly before and after all the craziness. 

No comments: