Friday, August 19, 2011

Hairy Lemon

My first weekend back, Todd and Betsy invited me to go to Hairy Lemon with them. (Thats right, I said HAIRY LEMON.) My friend Molly LOVES the place. I never made it there with her, sadly, but was excited to finally go. It is a sweet little getaway place just an hour and a half from here-- a beautiful little island in the Nile. You can camp or stay in their 'dorms' or 2-person or 4-person rooms. It has plenty of places to relax-- hammocks to read in, chairs and benches to sit in and read etc. And plenty of activities if you are game-- two slack lines, a volley ball court set up in-between a second island, beaches for wading/swimming, games, fishing poles, kayaks, tubes to float in... Accommodations are simple, but nice and meals were tasty- served in a fun open eating area. Affordable and CLOSE! All that makes a perfect 'Molly Getaway,' and one I'm sure I'll be getting back to with my new set of whee... WHAT?? Wait, what was that?? Um, ahem... yes... well, I aim to get back there... and it may just be easier than ever now... :) But THAT warrants a post all its own to tell...

Todd, Ellie and Betsy on the boat over:

Our cabin:
A lovely spot to be:
Ellie and Todd fishing:
The Nile Volley Ball court:
Beach area:
An absolutely lovely place to get away for a day or two.
Thanks Todd and Betsy for a fun weekend!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hairy Lemon, how I love thee.

P.S: next time you need to post pictures of you trying the slack line. There needs to be evidence, girl, that you worked hard on it. I got addicted! :)

Molly

Stacey said...

Sounds like a wonderful place. ;) Glad you had a good time! AND, looking forward to your next post about your new whee... :) Hope you're doing well friend!!