Monday, February 11, 2008

OtotheBtotheAtotheMtotheA!!! OBAMA!

I was at the 1st Mariner Arena downtown Baltimore last night to hear Obama speak before the "Potomac Primaries" here today- wild, crazy, fun, hopeful energy rocked through the place! Everywhere people were SMILING... 

I rode the light rail down with a middle aged/middle class white fellow- a Republican who wanted to see if Obama really is all he's cracked up to be.  In the stadium to my right was a 30's-ish, gay, black man who took the day off work had been standing outside since 10:00am to hear Obama speak; to my left a fuddy-duddy-looking 60's-ish woman sat primly reading her book while we waited (and waited and waited and waited), but stood and sang the anthem loudly (off key) but loudly, and cheered right along with the passel of college students in front of us, and the man and his daughter behind us... From what I saw, just about every age, every color, every orientation seemed to be there- and really one of the most impressive things- everyone was SMILING... Such hope!
Ok, not a very impressive photo to go with- I have a fun video of the entire stadium doing the wave, but I can't seem to upload it... RATS. 

1 comment:

Elizabeth Morisette said...

Yea! Jeff and I saw him in College Park. With a beautiful group of people, similar to your experience. It made me feel like we could ACTUALLY have a president who inspires people!!!