Monday, February 04, 2008

Internet and TV... necessities??

Since moving into my new place the internet has become a scarce resource... (incase you hadn't noticed my lack of posting...) I keep thinking do I really NEED internet at home?! I can live without it, right? And setting it up is such a horrid chore- I've done it before and I know its going to be an agonizing month-long battle with comcast or verizon... when can they come? when can we be here? we're here they don't come... we're not here they come... somethings wrong with the equipment... another run around on the phone for an hour... we wait another week for another person to come out and say the same thing... and then it starts all over again. ARG... SUCH a pain. (And this is EVERYONES story with the two monopolizing internet companies... leastwise in this city...) Is it worth it?? 

Because sometimes it works... a day here a day there... sometimes a week at a go with full bars from the neighbors, and I think, I can deal... sitting backwards on the couch getting a crick in my neck (the only place we get reception) Until when you really need it and sit down check your loan status... and... nothing. 

And then there's TV. Now, we neither need nor want ten million channels, but oh-sweet-joy when we figured out how to rig it up to get a relatively clear ABC and NBC to watch the the primaries... (go obama!!)...

And really, wouldn't it just be lovely to not to rely on the internet and not to have non-stop tv at home? Oh yes, the allnaturalgranolagirlminimalist in me says! I don't need all this technology... But then who am I kidding... I kind of like writing and receiving emails and posting photos... and checking blogs... and knowing whats going on around the world, and whats a bust in this crazy city... 

Well, for not its working at any rate... we'll see how long I last...

No comments: