Friday, August 03, 2012

The Morton Arboretum

                          

One of the hard things about leaving home this time was that my parents are moving, and next time I go home, it will not be to the same place. The move is right. The time is now. I absolutely believe it will be really really good for everyone in the end. Still it is hard to say goodbye. 

The Morton Arboretum has been a sacred space for my family during our time in Wheaton. It was one of the first places we went when we arrived in 1999.... and has been a place we've gone to regularly over the years and throughout the seasons. There were many long sunday morning walks through the woods in the summertime, snowy hikes in winter with thermoses of chai back at the car, drives with grandma and grandpa through the daffodil glades surrounded by the dazzling bright fresh greens of springtime, and the glowing golden cathedrals of trees in the fall. In the bizarre world of suburban America, it has been a sweet and beautiful respite, and I will miss it. 

Before I left, mom and I went for a last drive and walkabout. 









No comments: