Friday, July 27, 2012

home.

Just a pause in the wedding posting. I am home. Back in Uganda. And if feels. So. Good. I had a remarkably fun summer... flying in and out of some spectacular peoples lives. Visiting, doing special things, eating delicious meals etc. It couldn't have been better. And the irony is that I left home to travel half way around the world TO home. But that is also the beauty of it. And being back in my space feels so good. I feel grateful. So happy to be here. So excited about seeing coworkers and friends here. So ready to start work. And THAT, dear people, feels really really good. 

A few additions to my space. New chairs from Gwyn-- completing my living room 'set.' Which means I can put the other chairs out on my porch, making that space more inviting. A couple new bookshelves under the windows. My beautiful beeswax luminary from Kara and Mark and its pine base from lubrect... And, can you spot my new speakers? Or speaker? In the bookshelf- my parents gave me this amazing little bose wireless speaker for my birthday-- and I LOVE it. I'm sitting here listening to good music with GREAT sound, enjoying the warm glow and sweet smell of the pretty luminary, feeling both close and far from those I love. And a deep contentment.  



4 comments:

Gwyneth said...

The chairs- inside and outside- look great! What did you decide about the orange coverings? Look forward to seeing more wedding pictures posted soon.

Katie said...

Oh looks lovely! Home is such a wonderful word:)

Erika said...

Rachel. I am so glad that you are excited to be home. No doubt, you are a BLESSING to the people of your home - in both places. The time that I spent in your space certainly allowed me to feel closer to home while I was in Uganda. Hugs and love.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're home, but boy do I miss you!