Saturday, November 20, 2010

visitors...





I've had a slew of interesting and exciting visitors over the past few months. Unfortunately I don't always remember to whip out my camera before they leave for the customary farewell photo, but I have managed a few. Among those that I've missed- the enormous oval shaped fellow clinging to my mosquito net and the super speedy centipede with the long red pointy tail. The crickets- ah but they're regulars. The mouse... unfortunately I had to use force with that one-- his welcome was overstayed after he leapt of the counter at my boss one afternoon and I later discovered he'd set up shop in my ROOM... Good gracious. There are a pair of squeaky hornbills that also help to keep the grasshopper population at bay outside my front and back door. I quite enjoy them-- their wild beady eyes and their tap tap taping on the door as they collect their green treats. And always the endless trails of ants, cleaning up after the other bugs, searching for sugary crumbs or whatever they can find. Oh heres one right now-- scurrying across the screen. Must be lost. Can't find the rest of his troop.

2 comments:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Charming, especially at a distance. Taking care of unwelome critters, not so charming. I love that gorgeous butterfly. I wish I had hornbills in my back yard.

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!