Tuesday, February 03, 2009

wrapping up Pittsburgh to get on to Obama!

Day Three:
  • Omelets 
  • Snow
  • Traffic 
  • Sitting for an hour and a half on the highway wondering if it was an accident or Inauguration traffic
  • Truckers
  • More Traffic
  • More snow
  • A 40 car pile up on the OTHER side of the highway...
  • Sliding through intersections on sheets of ice in baltimore 
  • Inauguration, ho!
Mmmm.... delicious omelets that would sustain us through a rather long day...
Stopped dead still on the highway for an hour and a half. 
Katie, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU to go ask the trucker what's going on... :)

might as well get out and have some fun. Stretch. 
I'M GOING TO MISS THE INAUGURATION!!!
Good thing we didn't get stuck for too much longer. All we had with us was half a box of cheddar bunnies and one dove chocolate I found in my pocket from the goofy lady at Phipps. Turns out there was a message in it directly from God to me. Katie was being a good sport... I was not. 
The hold up on our side turned out to be a tractor trailer cab that caught fire and burned to the ground about a mile in front of us... The OTHER side of the highway had it way worse... a 40-car-pile up due to a crazy freak snow storm... The lights behind the accident stretched for miles...
And after a bit of a long day of sitting in traffic and snow with a cold thickening in my head, I got back on the road an hour after getting home, and drove down to Rita and Juans. It was 9/10ish at night. The roads were full. Not stopped, or going slow (80 mph, my usual)... but it seemed it was already starting... the rising energy, the converging of people as everyone was en-their-own-devised-rout to the capitol. I felt like I was a part of this great big thing that was about to happen. Was it just me- bono rocking through my speakers, or was there a shared excitement pulsing through the lot of us on our way to wherever we were all headed that night...? 

No comments: