Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Egypt. There and back again...


How it all began:

A couple of months ago I was on line chatting with a friend who was in the process of finishing up two years of peace corps service in Jordan. The subject of birthdays came up, as his was right around the corner, and I was asking what his plans for it were. He asked when mine was. September 7th. Ahh... I'm gonna be in the middle of trekking around Egypt at that time, he tells me. You lucky dog you, I reply. You're more than welcome to join me he says... Seriously?... Yeah! Wanna come?... Yeah I do!...

I think I surprised even myself and bought a ticket... September 5-15th... Watch out Egypt, watch out Mike... here I come!

Now I'm back... after a crazy fun week and a half of connecting and reconnecting in the land of the pharos. I have way too many pictures and as many fun stories. I'm going to blog a section at a time... to make it a little more manageable and to drag out the reliving... to make my week and a half stretch into to and three weeks... and keep the madness of reality at bay.

No comments: