Sunday, September 23, 2007

Cairo Mandala 1

mandala is a sanskrit word meaning "circle" or "completion."



The structure of a circle is grounding, strong, complete. I start- sometimes loosely, sometimes much less loosely- with the form of a circle, letting my thoughts roam back through the experiences of the day, letting the remembering inform my mark making.... a fluid, organic sort of processing- stream of consciousness, using marks instead of words. It has become a way of centering and focusing myself as I process information and seek to understand my actions and reactions to experiences.

3 comments:

Allison said...

This sketch is beautiful, Rach. I love it! Please post more . . .

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I tried posting earlier but my browser is in Turkish so I am having issues knowing what buttons to press!! I just wanted to say thanks for posting your journey. Drop us an e-mail and give us all the details!