Friday, May 11, 2012

Triathlon...

The last three weeks I felt like I was running a triathlon... go go going from one big thing right into the next without a break or the chance to catch my breath. I somehow find I have arrived on the other side of it all (a feat which seemed impossible several weeks ago)- rather exhausted mentally and emotionally, physically sore, and not quite sure what to do with myself, but man, it was a GOOD run!

Leg 1: Rwanda (April 19-28) Leading a group of 32 students/staff through 9 days in Rwanda.



Leg 2: Debrief (April 29-May 2) Four days in Entebbe, debriefing the semester with the students and preparing them for reentry to life in the US. Of course there was the incorporation of color and circles to aid in the process!


Leg 3: Mt. Elgon (May 3- 10) I participated in a Spiritual Disciplines class with Mark this semester. The culmination of the class was a hike up Mt. Elgon. Fourteen thousand feet, baby! HOOOOWEE. Hard work, but it was utterly spectacular. 




More on each of these grand adventures later, perhaps one by one as life settles down a little bit around here.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Hurrah! You survived!! Congratulations, dear! Love your pictures, can't wait to hear more about your adventures . . . and can't wait to see you in a month or two. Much love!

Katie said...

oh. i wish you were near to do mandala debriefs with me:)

molly said...

i love how you have the students process things through art! and that view of the mountains is spectacular!