Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A few more photos...

... to give you a bit more of an idea of my new life. Though, remember, my house is still very much in process..

The kitchen:
Dinner in the 'dining room.' Salad and a boiled egg and toast. Toasted toast.
The living room as seen from the front door. (That big dining room table isn't mine- will be going. And things on the wall just found hooks to hang on temporarily until I can get them properly placed...)
The living room from the other side looking towards the front door:
My room. And my weirdo mosquito net. (suppose its better than the alternative...)
The spare room and bunk beds... this blue will DEFINITELY be going ASAP.
The walk to the office. (This makes me chuckle, because it surely looks like I'm out in the boondox... Really, this is the 'back way' that cuts through my neighbors back yard. They're smart and have filled their back yard with delicious eddibles... unlike the crazy americans who fill their yards with grass.) But what a nice walk to work, hey?

6 comments:

Meredith said...

LOVE seeing the beginnings of your new life in Uganda. It all looks fabulous and how I wish I were going to be one of the visitors (highly unlikely, but fun to think about!)

Love, Aunt Meredith

Allison said...

What a lovely space! And it's all yours! It looks open and light-filled and restful. I want to come see it in person. AFTER you re-paint the spare room. :) Love to you!

JJ said...

What a cozy, homey place!
May it be a wonderful nest for you.
Joy

kjr said...

looks like it's already a lovely rach-space... love you. miss you.
kj

Katie said...

Rach, it already feels so you:) Love the light and openness of the space. What a delight to be starting a new life there:)

Jesse said...

Beeauuuutiful! Love it!