Friday, February 12, 2010

ready for spring...

Winter has just about done me in... it is limiting my growth and imagination and stalling my progression through life. Yes I am blaming this ALL on winter right now. I can't handle it any more. I hate winter. I hate hate hate winter. I hate being cold! I hate the gloom. The leafless trees. I'm generally a glass half full kind of person; I pretty much feel that there is good to be found in all things... But this... THIS...! WINTER!!!!! I am done... DONE. I hate the way it makes me feel. I am always cold. And the only way to get warm is to have ten different layers on, which makes me feel like a balloon. Restricted. Constricted. My skin feels dry. And has become a ghastly white. My hair is static-y. And flat. And fast loosing its sunshine. I feel squishy. And I am tired having to bundle up. Of wearing socks. Of not being able to just get up and GO somewhere without a ten minute-put-on-your-sweater-coat-long-underwear-socks-boots-gloves-hats and whatever else you might need to protect yourself from the elements. And it STILL hurts. (going for a walk that is, when the temperature is somewhere far below freezing...) And yes, I know, I KNOW... there are surely solutions to all these problems, things I could do... but DON'T say anything, because I don't want to hear it...! I know. I just want to be two today and stomp around and yell and be mad... BECAUSE I JUST WANT IT TO BE SPRING. I neeeeeeeeeeeeed it to be spring.

I want to throw open the windows and feel that thawing fresh breath of air... I want the ground to wake up and let out all its hibernating greenery. I want to run around barefoot and bare armed. And dig in the dirt. Dude, I'll even take the mosquitoes... I want to run. And sweat. And absorb all the warmth and heat the sun can produce. I want to feel ALIVE...

Ok, but so I'm TRYING. With arms crossed, a bit of a scowl and a deep sigh of resignation... here are a few photos of some things that make life a little more tolerable in the thick of this wretched neverending winterness...








3 comments:

bethany said...

come here! it's been 50ish the last couple of days, and we actually saw the sun briefly!

Allison said...

Even though it's grey and gloomy outside, there looks to be plenty of color inside! And wow, Junebug is getting big!

alice said...

Excellent choice on the pot! I miss your beautiful flowers. Remember Pittsburgh's not too far (but, no less grey.)