Sunday, June 17, 2007

Community garden...

While I'm at it... here are some photos of our very exciting plot in the community gardens... I don't know how many people have plots... maybe 30? Hmmm...


We were late comers to the garden this year so were relegated to the far corner, which is mostly in shade- not super great for growing... but we're giving it a go! This is looking back at the rest of the garden, the gate where you come in is in the far left hand corner. The mulch, manure and compost piles are all just outside the front gate... lucky for us. AND because we have so much shade, we get a bigger plot- which just means MORE mulch to haul up! Burn baby burn!


Kara happily plodding along in her own little world...


Can you see the zinnias blooming?


My freshly planted little basils, see them lined up on the left? And our sunflowers... ALSO blooming. (Dude, what can I say? we got mad skills...!)


PS- Our persnickity passion plant also decided to bust out her fancy blooms this week too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi rach,
thanks for sending me your website again, I want you to know I read it all! ;) I didn't realize you had a community garden, I thought you were planting in your yard! I will have one soon too, in Philly or wherever (i hope).
OK, on to the next thing on my list!
love you!

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

How fun. Do they have a community compost pile? Etc.? That is the way to go, truly.

ZINNIA.
LOVE IT.