Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A comes to B'more!

Truly I am blessed with amazing friends... and somehow, over the past year I have had the great good fortune of being visited by/gone to visit many of them. This past weekend my dear montana moutian girl flew all the way out to Baltimore for a rockin' good time...



I wanted to give her the full "baltimore experience," despite the wretched cold snap...




Ft. McHenry (you have to do at least one historic outing, right?):
(A,me and her friends T&B visiting from Toronto)

I laugh at the silly impotent cannons...

...and find much more interesting things to look at...

and photograph...



We made the best pizza EVER...








Met up with friends from our EGYPT days in DC...



Drove around and saw the cherry blossom fireworks, while our poor toes froze... (but were soon warmed up again by a visit to the Hawks and Doves pub in southeast..)



Easter morning we made a luscious bruch of Mimosas- complements of K, wholewheatbuttermilkpancakes and strawberries before heading to a beautiful easter morning service at the Cathedral...



Sunday afternoon found us chatting on line and on the phone with a couple of very important people:









And working on various and sundry projects:

A reading novels
K writing papers
And me sketching plans for an upcoming installation...



But the most exciting (and painful) part of the weekend... I FINALLY fulfilled my lifelong dream of getting a tattoo, and managed to drag A along with me...






Thanks for coming all the way here to visit, A!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Dearest R, it was my pleasure. We DID have quite a mahvelous time, didn't we? Can't wait to have you visit out this way! We will at LEAST do some naked hot springs, and then there's always sky diving . . .

iheartcamels said...

Hey MESPer friend! It's been awhile and I stumbled on your blog through allison's. That's so cool that you all were able to meet up-I'm jealous! =)

Get tattoos by the way...